User-friendly & safe: The KIKE Green Cook not only burns cleanly but is extremely safe to use. The Gel house is non-pressurized and holds Biogel in a special controlled jelly canister so you don't need to be bothered about spill or being turned over . The burner flame is adjusted and extinguished by a simple regulator (shown). This stove was developed to address the many safety concerns presented by other stoves and have been rated #1.
Durable : All KIKE Green Cook are of durable design. The KD-series is made entirely of long-lasting special baked stainless steel. An expensive improvement on the AS-series is made with cost-saving but durable substitutes - galvanized steel and aluminium. All burner parts are high temperature stainless steel. The flame regulator is the only moving part.
Cooking with Biofuel from sustainably produced energy crops reduces wood use and deforestation. The KIKE Green Cook dramatically reduces greenhouse gas and soot (black carbon) emissions. This means a greatly reduced Global Warming Impact.
KIKE Green Cook KD1 / KD2: DATA SHEET
The KIKE Green Cook stove has been successfully tested in households of all income levels in Kumasi and Accra's capital city, Ghana and widely used in Nigeria. It has undergone trials in Brazil, South Africa and Kenya. It has been introduced by the Global Alliance for Clean Cook Stoves and adopted by many Governments as the preferred stove in many countries and has been tested in others. The KIKE Green Cook has now logged two million stove-use-days with an unparalleled safety and performance record.
- Materials: All stainless steel burner parts, body of stainless steel, galvanized steel, high quality enamel finish (KD1/Kd2)
- Number of burners: 1 & 2
- Bearing weight: Max. 20 kg supported
- Product weight: KD1 3.1 kg / KD2 5.7 kg
- Fuel canister: Fuel tank empty: 0.47 kg / full: 1.36 kg
- Fuel requirements: Ethanol Gel fuel. Recommended water content of fuel is 10% or less
- Fuel capacity: 0.4 liters per tank
- Power Rating on high: 2.1 kW. T urn down ratio: 1/5
- Cooking time: 1.5 hours on high, up to 3 hours on low
- Average cooking capacity: 0.75 liter of fuel per day will provide cooking for a family of five
- Efficiency:Greater than 60%
- Emissions: Negligible soot or carbon. Meets or exceeds World Health Organization (WHO) standards for Carbon Monoxide emissions
- Outline Dimensions (L x W x H mm): KD1 275 x 275 x 100 mm KD2 515 x 275 x 100 mm
- Burner: o139mm
- Pan Support: o245mmx30mm
- Certification/Testing: Intertek Testing Services/Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)
- Fuel requirements: Ethanol Gel fuel. Recommended water content 10% or less
- Benefits: Biogel
- Heats up very quickly with high heat output.
- Non Spill, non explosive, no flare, and non toxic
- Highly safe and economical.
- If stove falls over accidentally the flames are contained in one place.
- 1 litre burns continuously for approx. 4 hours and more.
- If ingested, effects are not fatal but just unpleasant
- No Smoke or smell.
- When water comes into contact with gel whilst cooking, it does not splatter.
- No black flame stains on cooking pots